In addition to the Magic V2 foldable smartphone, Honor also announced the Watch 4, the company’s first smartwatch powered by MagicOS.. This smart watch features a square dial with soft curves around the edges and an aluminum frame.
The Watch 4 has a large 1.75 inch AMOLED display with support for over 400 watch faces to customize your experience. The watch supports e-SIM, which means you can use it to make calls even without a smartphone, and has GPS for routing.
Without the richness of a real app store, this limits the potential of an LTE connection to calls and messages. Smartwatches like the Apple Watch allow streaming music and podcasts on the go, but that’s not the case here.
The Honor Watch 4 offers 85 sports modes, 12 professional workouts and works with the Honor Sports and Health app, which offers various health information like running, fat burning, sleep, etc. The company says it used a self-developed integrated microlens array for the rear sensors to ensure accurate readings.
There smart watch also offers autonomy of 10 days.
Honor Watch 4 Specifications
- 1.75-inch AMOLED display (450 x 390 pixels), 60Hz refresh rate, 340 ppi
- e-SIM support
- Compatible with Android 9 or higher and iOS 11 or higher
- 4GB storage, 32MB RAM
- Over 400 customizable watch faces
- 24×7 heart rate monitoring, SpO2, sleep tracking and more
- 85 sports modes, 12 professional training modes
- Water resistant 50m
- Support GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NFC
- Dimensions: 45.3 x 39.1 x 11.2mm, Weight: 32g
- Up to 10 days of battery life in smart mode, which includes using the LTE network for 2 hours a day
Price and availability
The Honor Watch 4 is available in three colors: Morning Gold, Water Blue and Obsidian Black. It is currently on sale in China at a price of 999 yuan (about 125 USD).