Table of Contents
After the immense success of its launch in April 2020 (more than 1300 pieces sold in a few days and more than five million in turnover), the chrono NB24 of Code 41 is back! With hundreds of watch enthusiasts registered on the waiting lists, this second edition should also be sold out in just a few days! Here is our opinion on this second edition of the NB24 chronograph.
Opinion on the Chrono NB24 2nd edition
We find in this second edition, the strengths that have made the success of this model:
– A superb swiss movement Taking up the architecture of the famous “Valjoux” 7750, CODE41 has modified it by moving the counters, redesigning the bridges and, above all, adding a very technical feature: a peripheral oscillating weight on the dial side.
– an interesting peripheral oscillating weight visible on the dial side: an unprecedented technical feat in a watch at this price. A specificity that is currently only offered by a handful of Haute Horlogerie brands. This specificity alone represents a third of the production cost of the watch!
– a watch designed, manufactured and assembled in Switzerland. (about 90% of the value of the components are Swiss, it is much more than the 60% required by the Swiss Made label). Production in small series of quality, finishing and assembly carried out by hand. We are far from the sometimes overpriced industrial of certain “big brands” in Switzerland.
– a case in aerocarbon. The case is made from high-density aeronautical carbon whose blocks are made up of more than 300 layers arranged at 90° to each other and compacted under 10 bars of pressure in an autoclave oven. Thanks to this process, aerocarbon is twice as strong in bending as steel and twice as light as titanium. The watch weighs only 64 grams! The must. The NB24 is also available in grade 5 titanium, offering twice the hardness of steel and very fine detail in the finishes.
– and of course, a unique design which has so seduced watch collectors. The NB24 chrono is a successful balance between transparency, mechanics and sportiness: a raw, machined and sporty design. A watch that I find masculine and modern, one of the most beautiful creations of Claudio d’Amore, founder of Code41, and his team based in Lausanne.
NB24: extreme customization.
Thanks to the pre-order system, Code41 offers you the possibility to personalize the materials (aerocarbon or titanium), the colors of the hands and stopwatches, the type of straps,… It’s very pleasant to choose yourself these little details that make up the personality of a watch.
We really like the blue and red versions pictured above. But here are three nice versions among a dozen possible variations:
You can discover all the customization options on the Code41 website.
Opening of pre-orders on November 24
THE preorders open this Wednesday, November 24 on the Code41 website here. We won’t have to hang around because the 400 pieces available in this 2nd edition should find takers in just a few days given the size of the waiting list!
Some useful details on Code41’s NB24:
– 2-year warranty In the event of a technical problem, the NB24 Edition 2 will be repaired or replaced at Code41’s expense.
– Right of cancellation free of charge As long as the order has not been dispatched, it is possible to cancel it free of charge at any time.
– 30-day right of return If the NB24 Edition 2 does not suit you, you have 30 days from receipt to return it free of charge, unused and in its original packaging. ★
– No additional taxes in France or Switzerland upon receipt of the watch.
To learn more about the NB24, visit the Code41 website